With the winter season well upon us, the City of West Plains would like to remind Citizens to park vehicles off of City streets, if at all possible when winter weather is expected. This makes it easier and faster for the City crews to clean and maneuver through the city streets and prevent snow pile ups around parked vehicles.
When winter weather occurs, City crews begin working the primary streets first and then begin working the secondary streets after the primary streets remain clear. Crews will continue to work all City streets until they are passable.
We thank you for your patience and assistance during these times!
If you absolutely must travel, the City of West Plains would like to remind you to plan ahead, allow plenty of time for travel and keep safe by:
* Wearing your seat belt
* Adjust your speed according to roadway and weather conditions
* Keep plenty of distance between your vehicle and other vehicles on the roadway
* Use both hands on the steering wheel and do no use cruise control
* Use your headlights to become more visible to other drivers
* Keep an Emergency travel kit in your vehicle
* Notify another person of your destination route and when you expect to arrive
Please click HERE for current details from the National Weather Service in Springfield, MO.